TERMS AND POLICIES
Agreement on Full Acceptance of these Terms and Policies
- By submitting your application and/or continuing to participate in the program activities, you confirm that:
- you hereby agree to these Terms and Policies, including adherence to program’s core values and all requirements set forth below
- you hereby give your permission to GROWpreneur and its Affiliates to process your personal information in line with the Albanian Law Nr. 9887, date 10/03/2008, on Protection of Personal Data (as ameneded).
- “GROWpreneur” or “Program” mean “Flexible Startup Growth Support Program” including its both the Growth Accelerator track and the Flexible Support Plus track
- “YSB Balkans” means “Yunus Social Business Balkans” or “Yunus Social Business Fund Albania”.
- “Affiliate” or “Affiliates” to the program mean, individually or jointly, “YSB Balkans” and “EU for Innovation” and their personnel (including its officers, employees, agents, trainers, coaches, mentors) involved in management and/or implementation of the GROWpreneur program.
- “You” or “applicant” or “applicants” means the person or persons applying for and/or participating in the program activities.
Program’s Core Values
- You will be required to abide by the core values to be selected and remain a member of the GROWpreneur’s cohort:
- Successful Founders ARE Coachable: You must be coachable, open to advice, and open to adapt and grow as a Leader/CEO.
- Successful Founders ARE Humble: You must be able to own when you make mistakes, are wrong, and seek help.
- Successful Founders HAVE Viable Models: You must be dedicated to create a sustainable and legitimate business model.
- Successful Founders HAVE Stable Teams: You must be able to find people to help you build your company long-term.
- Successful Founders HAVE Grit: You must be resilient, able to handle chaos, and grow your team to success.
- These core values are simple to adhere to and the GROWpreneur team is here to support you through any issues or challenges, however, we can’t “entrepreneur” for you. No matter how much we work, the program relies on your dedication, passion, and expertise to succeed as a business outside of the GROWpreneur program.
- Applications must submit only through respective online application form available on the GROWpreneur website.
- Applications for the Growth Accelerator track must be submitted within the deadline as announced in the call(s) for applications published on the GROWpreneur website.
- Applications for the Flexible Support Plus track may be submitted at any time during year.
- Applications that do not comply with these Terms and Policies, to the full discretion of the GROWpreneur, may be considered invalid and not be accepted.
Selection of Successful Applicants
- An evaluation panel (Evaluation Panel) will assess all applications against the evaluation criteria determined by GROWpreneur in its sole discretion.
- Shortlisted applicants may be invited to attend a second-round evaluation process: (i) a selection bootcamp for the Growth Accelerator track; and (ii) an in-depth interview for the Flexible Support Plus track.
- Details of the second-round evaluation process will be given to shortlisted applicants at that time. Not attending and/or complying with all selections phases may result in disqualification.
- The Evaluation Panel’s decision will be final, and no appeal or correspondence will be entered into. GROWpreneur will not disclose any details regarding the Evaluation Panel’s assessment of applications except where required to do so by law.
Minimum Participation Requirements
- GROWpreneur is founder-centric and strives to provides an intense, high energy, quality program. Our mentors, coaches, practitioners provide a wealth of knowledge and hands-on experience. As a result, there are three minimum, engagement obligations.
The net amount of pooled funds brought in by participants will be entirely reinvested back into the program!
- Contribution to the pooled funds: To participate in the program, each final selected Startup should contribute to the GROWpreneur’s pooled funding at the amount announced in the main program page.
- Availability to participate in the selected modules and one-to-one sessions during the program, whether the format will be online or offline.
- Commitment to complete all the activities, tasks, tests, deadlines, as agreed with the respective trainers, coaches, experts or mentors during the program sessions.
- The amount of the contribution is not refundable, despite the fact that contributing startup completes or not the full program journey.
- The net amount of contributions to the pooled funds brought in by participating teams will be entirely reinvested back into the highest performing startups, selected based on merit among the program cohort members.
- The payment of the contribution amount shall be done in one time through a transfer to the YSB Balkans bank account.
- The selection of the final beneficiaries of the pooled funds will be done based on merit criteria determined by GROWpreneur in its sole discretion.
- Notwithstanding the above, GROWpreneur reserves the right to waive or reduce the mandatory contribution for any or all startups selected based on criteria determined by GROWpreneur in its sole discretion.
Disqualification or Termination of Participation
- GROWpreneur reserves the right to disqualify any application, applicant or participant that is deemed to:
- breach the Teams and Policies, including core values or requirement set forth in this document;
- to provide or contain information that is incorrect, misleading or fraudulent; or
- makes use of (in any form it may be) defamatory, abusive, insulting, threatening, obscene, inflammatory, offensive or otherwise contain content or spreads any information which, in GROWpreneur’s opinion, is inappropriate or objectionable.
Intellectual Property Rights
- You will retain any intellectual property rights in your application.
- You grant GROWpreneur and its Affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty and payment free, transferable, sub-licensable right to exercise all of the intellectual property rights in your application for the purpose of conducting the review, selection and assessment of application process as well as the review and assessment of the progress of your startup during the course of the program.
- You warrant that you have the right to grant the licences described above and do not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- You hereby indemnify GROWpreneur and/or its Affiliates against any third-party liabilities, claims, costs, expenses (including legal costs), loss or damage incurred by GROWpreneur and/or Linked Parties as a result of your breaching the above clauses.
- The information you provide in your application or during your participation in the program will be used by GROWpreneur and/or its Affiliates for the purpose of program implementation, including carrying out the necessary activities for implementation, review and assessment of the Program.
- GROWpreneur and/or its Affiliates reserve the right at all times to disclose any information about you, your participation in and use of the GROWpreneur’s services, as GROWpreneur deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in GROWpreneur’s sole discretion. It also reserves the right to share any and all lawful information shared with it in conjunction with your participation in the program
Limitation of Liability
- You are responsible for obtaining your own independent legal and financial advice regarding these terms and conditions. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, GROWpreneur and its Affiliates (including its officers, employees, agents, trainers, coaches, mentors) are not and will not be liable for any action or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any advice or services provided by GROWpreneur and its Affiliates.
- GROWpreneur and its Affiliates accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected applications, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. GROWpreneur and its Affiliates have no control over internet or telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise.
- To the extent permitted by law, you agree to release GROWpreneur and its Affiliates (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against all liability, cost, loss, damage, expense, claim or other right of action arising out of, or in connection with, the application and participation in the program.
- GROWpreneur reserves the right to amend these conditions at any time.
- These terms and conditions will be construed according to the laws of the Republic of Albania.
- “Including” is not a word of limitation.
- A reference to a “person” includes an individual, a firm, a body corporate, a partnership and an unincorporated entity.
- Failure by GROWpreneur and/or its Affiliates to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If a word or phrase is given a defined meaning, any other part of speech or grammatical form of that word or phrase has a corresponding meaning.
- A word importing the singular includes the plural (and vice versa).
- If any of these terms are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms shall nevertheless continue in full force.
- Nothing in these terms and policies is to be interpreted against GROWpreneur and/or its Affiliates solely on the grounds that GROWpreneur put forward these terms and conditions or any part of them.